9. Copy of Visa or Work Permit
10. Copy of Airway Bill if pets are sent as cargo
11. All of the original documentation must travel with the pet
12. Complete all of the preparatory procedures outlined in The VIP Sitters Pet Relocation Guide for Cats & Dogs
13. Government of Canada Fees
The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) require the following fees:
13.1 A) For the first pet (dog, cat, or ferret) in transport, $30
13.1 B) For each additional pet in the transport, $5
13.2 A) If a vaccination order is made by an inspector, for the first pet, $55
13.2 B) For each additional pet in the transport, $30
13.3 A) A settler or returning citizen staying more than 36 months must pay 13% HST calculated on the price of the pet. Visitors to Canada (staying less than 6 months), or students, or people on a work visa (staying less than 36 months) are HST exempt.
Airlines and countries constantly make changes to their policies and regulations. Please note that the information available on this website may not be up to date with current requirements.
VIP Sitters arranges all of the necessary documentation for you so, together, we can safely, legally, and easily transport your pets anywhere in the world. Let us help you. Request a quote by sharing your travel plans with us. We’d love to hear from you!
* If a paritcular country is not listed or you require additional assistance, please feel free to contact us anytime